Hollandale School 1924-1936

HOLLANDALE SCHOOL 1924-c 1936 was in District 2 in the present Hollandale area of Lavergne. On January 15, 1925, Arnanda McLaughlin, W.N. McLaughlin, and Mrs. G.W. Gooch, Sr., deeded to the Rutherford County Board of Education two acres of land for a common school. It was located on the old…

Continue reading

Blair School, 1865-1890s

BLAIR SCHOOL before 1865-1890’s was in the La Vergne area. It was on the west side of the present Blair Road between Rock Springs and Chaney Roads on the property of James H. Blair, b. 1842, d. 1865. The name J. Blair is still shown on the Beers Map of…

Continue reading