GLORIANNA SCHOOL 1900-1941 was on the Wilson side of the Rutherford-Wilson County line with the playground on the Rutherford side. It was on the north side of the Oregon Road and three miles east of the Cainesville Pike. The GLORIANNA SCHOOL took the place of the OREGON SCHOOL.
E. S. Adams and his wife Mary Lenning Adams set aside two acres of ground for the school property.
The one-room school was erected by neighbors who donated their time and their lumber. The master carpenter overseeing the work was James Cook.
GLORIANNA teachers were Homer Knox, Alice Pearcy, Sadie Ayers, Opal Moorehead, Thelma Harris, Collier Harris, Virgie McElroy, Myrtle Ball, Lockie Wilkerson, Haley Craddock in 1917 or 1918, Lela Givens, Mildred Edwards, Sallie Rion, Ava Rhodes Dillon in 1916, Lucile Williams in 1927-1929, Gladys Dillon, and Tommie Lee Wright, who was the last teacher.
Julius Adams was one of the first students.
GLORIANNA closed in 1941. The building is still standing.
SOURCES: Hector Adams, son of E. S. Adams. Interview by Hector Floyd Adams, student in 1912, with Ollie Weatherly, b. 1890 and student 1900-1910; and with Stacey Dillon, student 1910.