HAYES SCHOOL f1. 1860’s-1899 was between Twelve Corners and Lofton and was on Rhodes Lane, now Jim Allen Road. It was on the property of Dave crouse about one mile off Cainsville Pike. A Mrs. D. Crouse is shown on the Beer’s Map of 1878.
The school was a one-teacher, frame building.
Willie Dement is the only known teacher.
Alfonzo B. Hill, b. November 1859, was an early student. Family names of students included Hill, Crouse, Burnett, Greer, Craddock, and Williams.