HENCH’S COLLEGE 1878 was on the farm of W. H. Youree 1.5 miles south of the Bradyville Road and about one-half mile east of the Cripple Creek Road.
The site of the farm and the name W. H. Youree are on the 1878 Beers Map.
The subscription school was held in a tenant house. Lizzie Youree and S. A. Youree were teachers.
SOURCE: *Katherine Burks Youree.