McPEAK SCHOOL (1890’s-1916), also called FALL CREEK SCHOOL, was on Fall Creek in old District 5 and new District 1. It was one-fourth mile west of Mona Road on a gravel road which intersected Mona Road just north of
Charlton Ford. The land was owned by Ruth McPeak. The name McPeak is shown in that area on the Beers Map of 1878. The school is shown on the Dixie Highway Map.
The school was a one-room frame building which was also used as a Sunday School for the children.
Students were from the families of Lannom and McPeak.
When the school burned, students went to ROCKDALE and WALTER HILL SCHOOLS.
The site is now inaccessible. The government owns the land.
SOURCES: Interviews, Aug. 11, 1984, with Nelson McPeak, grandson of Ruth McPeak; Aug. 7, 1984, with Erline McPeak Edwards, b. 1906, a student in 1913, and a grand daughter of Ruth McPeak; Jan. 26, 1986, with Howard G.
Eades who lives near the site of the school.