The GORDON SCHOOL is a building in the pioneer village of Cannonsburgh on South Front Street in Murfreesboro.
The one-room log school is named for J. P. Gordon.
Mr. “Pet” Gordon was elected to represent Rutherford County in the Tennessee legislature in 1923. He had served as magistrate from the 14th District for many years and had also served as School Board member a number of terms.
GORDON was not originally a school but was a corn crib which stood on the property of Mr. Gordon.
SOURCE: Interview with W. H. Westbrooks.