VALLEY VIEW SCHOOL, 1902-1918 was northwest of Lascassas. It was on McKee Road, a dead end road running southeast of Jordan Road which in turn runs east of Valley View Road. The school lot adjoined the John Patterson farm and may have been given by the Patterson family. Although the school was often referred to as McKEE SCHOOL, the name written on slates in a 1904-1905 picture is VALLEY VIEW.
The school was a one-room weatherboarded building painted white with colored trim.
Lillian Estes, David Vaughter, and Alsup Vaughter were teachers. The two Vaughters taught together. Alsup Vaughter taught the arithmetic school and David Vaughter, the writing school.
About 1918 a new school named VALLEY VIEW was built to accommodate both this school and the ROCKDALE District 15 SCHOOL.
SOURCES: Interviews, February 7, 1986, with Vercie Dunaway Johns, a student in 1904; Feb. 8, 1986, with Oma Jewell Lester Webb, daughter of Mable Jordan Lester, b. 1892, a student in the 1904 picture. Floyd Adams.