This volume is the eighth in a series begun in the summer of 1973.
The Society is dedicated to the study and preservation of Rutherford County’s history, and the publications of the organization represent a major effort to achieve this goal. If this issue is as well received as the first seven, then it will soon become a collector’s item.
The contributions in this issue show the richness of our county’s past. In this Bicentennial period it is especially appropriate that these pages contain the pension application of Jordan Williford, Revolutionary War veteran, and the roster of Colonel Hardy Murfree-s Revolutionary War company. A history of the Leanna Community and a history of the Crowder family of Rutherford County round out this volume. In addition, a list of back numbers of our Publication still available is included for those wishing to add them to their library.
Robert B. Jones
Publication 8 Index – 1977 (Winter)
- History of Bethel-Leanna Community by Mr. and Mrs. Robert M. Sanders
- The Crowders of Readyville, Tenn. by Clyde R, Crowder and Mrs. Charles H. Fay
- A View of the Battlefield of Stones River from the New York Times Sept. 2, 1865 furnished by Fred Brigance
- Record of Jordan Williford Revolutionary Soldier from records in U.S. Pension Office furnished by Mrs. Elvis Rushing
- Company Roll of Major Hardy Murfree Sept. 9, 1778 from National Archives furnished by Mrs. D.C. Daniel, Jr.
- Queries prepared by Mrs. D.C. Daniel, Jr.
Please click the link below and enjoy!