MT. VIEW SCHOOL 1874-???. On December 12, 1874, Richard Benson deeded one-fourth acre of land to School Trustees Peter Ross, Richard Ross, Booker Ross, and Abram Ross for a school. The school was in the Fourth District and was to be called the MT. VIEW SCHOOLHOUSE.
On the same date Richard Benson deeded one-fourth acre of land beginning at the “corner of the Mt. View Academy lot” to Elmira Ridley.
The location of this school is uncertain. Both deeds were delivered to Polk Ridley.
SOURCE: Deed Book 20, PP. 439, 440.