Dry Fork School (Fosterville), 1866

DRY FORK about 1866 was near Dry Fork Creek, about
400 yards east of new Fosterville, and just south and east of
the Church of Christ. It was on the east side of the present
Bell Buckle Road. The site is shown on the 1878 Beers Map.
Teachers known to have taught here were Joe Hale, P. R.
Runnels, Tom Dunn, Lula Neely, and John Neely.
SOURCE: Elvira BrOthers, “Fosterville Schools.”
Typewritten. Elvira died June 15, 1985.

Comments are closed.