FLOYD SCHOOL BLACK 1911- was located on a now abandoned county road between Floyd Road and Greenwood. It was in the corner of the woods. On April 7, 1911, Martha Clardy deeded the land for a church and school house to Trustees Edward Sutton, Jr., Salem Hughes, Sam Garrett, Fate Lytle, Krin
Owen, Shade Melord, and Edward Sutton, Jr.
Nothing but the Floyd cemetery remains.
SOURCES: Deed Book 89, P. 439. Interview, Feb. 25, 1985, with Enoch B. Kelley.