KEEBLE SCHOOL c1860-1863, was located in the community of Jefferson. A journal kept by Bettie Ridley Blackmore recorded in a March 1893 entry: “The Keeble school was burnt by Federal troops.”
SOURCES: Bettie Ridley Blackmore, “Journal,” TheTennessee Historical Quarterly, March 1953, XII, no. 1. *Gene Sloan, “Jefferson Probably Had County’s First School,” The Daily News Journal Accent, Sept. 4, 1977.