MEDLING SCHOOL 1894-c1900 was on the west side of North Milton Road which runs north off State Road 96.
The school was just north of the intersection of North Milton Road and Givens Road. Students from both Rutherford and Wilson Counties attended the school.
The schoolhouse was a one-teacher, one-room, weatherboarded building painted white.
Willie Baxter is the only known teacher.
SOURCES: Hector Adams. *Elsje Knox, b. 1893.