MUD FLAT 1890- was on the present Dunnaway Chapel Road just north of the Jefferson Pike. On February 9, 1890, Sion D. Hall and wife Serena deeded one acre of land to School Directors William Lester, Hiram
Lester, and T. E. Alsup. The school property was bordered by Sion D. Hall and E. L. Mathews, both of whom are shown as landowners on the 1878 Beers Map.
SOURCE: Deed Book 55, p. 256.