ROCKDALE SCHOOL District 15 1857-c 1917 was located on the south side of Holly Grove Road not far from the Holly Grove Church.
On July 18, 1857, Joseph B. Johns and William S. Tune deeded to Trustees William Johns, William S. Tune, and Thomas Hall one acre of land for a school. The names J. B. Johns and W. S. Tune and the site of the school are
shown on the 1878 Beers Map.
It was a one-room, one-teacher school. The building was weatherboarded.
Lillian Estes was a teacher.
This school was phased out about 1917 and a new school, VALLEY VIEW, was built in 1918. It consolidated the ROCKDALE and the old VALLEY VIEW OR McKEE SCHOOLS.
SOURCES: Deed Book 9, p. 70. Floyd Adams.