Salem Male Academy, 1837-?

SALEM MALE ACADEMY 1837- may have been the school marked on the 1878 Beers Map at the intersection of Windrow Road and Salem Pike in District 12.

Trustees of the school were: John S. Russwurm, James M. King, Elias King, Benjamin Johnson, Benjamin C. Ransom, John Rawson, and William Ledbetter.

SOURCE: *Homer Pittard, “Famous Institutions Once Taught Local Students 100 Years Ago,” The Daily News Journal, Nov. 13, 1963, p. 1.

Comments are closed.