SILVER SPRING SCHOOLHOUSE before 1849. On May 3, 1849, Silas Tucker deeded to William D. Neal the one acre on the Stones River which he had reserved for a school lot. The school was known as SILVER SPRING SCHOOLHOUSE and had burned. The lot was no longer needed.
The land was part of the original tract on which William D. Neal was then living. The tract had been conveyed by Silas Tucker to James Tompkins, by Tompkins to Charles Love, and by Love’s administrator to W. D. Neal.
The Civil District is not given in the deed. It is only presumed that it was in District 6 in the general area of the later SILVER SPRING SCHOOL BLACK.
SOURCE: Deed Book 4, P. 42.