UTOPIA SCHOOL 1880’s and 1890’s was on the south side of Walnut Grove Road about 1/4 mile east of its intersection with the Midland Road. It was known as the Jim McCord or Bob Everett place.
The school was a one-room building. A large cherry tree grew in front.
The teacher, named Maidy Huff, was the sister of Dr. D. C. Huff, whose name is on the Beers Map of 1878.
Jack Harris and other aunts and uncles of Clarence Harris probably attended school there.
The school was torn down about the turn of the century. Clarence Harris cannot remember the building.
SOURCE: Interview, April 1982, with Clarence Harris.