WEBBS CHAPEL BLACK (late 1910’s) was on the west side of the Barfield-Crescent Road near the Webbs Chapel Methodist Church.
The frame building had one room.
Mattie Butler Bracey was a teacher here after she taught at MORTON SCHOOL in about 1913.
When the school was torn down, classes were held in the Baptist Church until a new school called DILLARD could be built on the same school site.
SOURCES: Interview, August 1982, with Marietta Smith Fagan, b. 1908. R. T. Butler, Jr., d. April 5, 1986.