WILSON HILL SCHOOL f 1. 1860’s-fl. 1878 was on Wilson Hill Road north of the Woodbury Road. It was at the foot of Pilot Knob. On the 1878 Beers Map it is shown as a Baptist Church and school. The school was there when
Joseph David Hall, b. 1854, was a small boy.
The schoolhouse was built of logs with a fireplace for heat. Wooden windows, without glass, had only shutters for protection. The benches were made with peg legs.
The church is still standing in 1986.
SOURCES: “History of Kittrell School” from the files of KITTRELL SCHOOL. *Mary Hall.