WINDROW SCHOOL 1913-late 1930’s was also on the old Windrow campground property. On September 6, 1913, Trustees of the M. E. Church, T. 0. Johnson, A. C. Johnson, Gilbert Floyd, Lem Lawrence, Taylor Johnson, A. or S. Vaughn, and in addition J. S. Jarratt, signed a deed to the Rutherford County Board of Education for one acre.
Mr. Roy Watson and Myers Vaughn “toted water” for the workers who rebuilt the schoolhouse. The frame building consisted of one long room with a porch at the front. A stage was at the far end of the room.
Teachers were Mary Knott, Nina Williams, Lottie Ralston, Lola Tilford, Era Hutchison, Elsie Mai Tatum, who boarded with the Roy Watsons, and Charlie Tolbert.