BIG SPRING SCHOOL or CARLOCKSVILLE SCHOOL, 1860’s was west of the Big Spring. It was on a road that ran east of the Manchester Highway. Its exact location is not known.
Alline Kelton was told by her father that the school was a brick building. The only brick building Quinton Summers knew of was the Carlocks building whose site is now partially covered by the road. Others believed the Carlocks building to be a frame building with brick chimneys.
Claude Robinson was told by William J. Kelton that the children shared their lunches with the Civil War soldiers as they marched by.